Each year we look forward to taking the children out of school to experience different environments and to enhance their learning and development.
A few examples of our visits:
- we had a whole school visit to Lytham beach and enjoyed ‘Beach Schools’ with the staff from Parkview and the Wildfowl Trust
- Key Stage 1 visited Sizergh Castle and gardens
- Year 5&6 spent 2 nights at Borwick Outdoor Education Centre and tested their resilience and perseverance through all sorts of adventurous activities as well as being away from home for two nights.
- Year 3&4 spent a night at Waddecar Scout Camp where they enjoyed the low ropes course, went on a very muddy walk, toasted marshmallows over a fire, cooked our own fajitas for tea and they investigated pond habitats
- theatre performances including pantomimes and Horrible Histories
- KS2 visited Gawthorpe Hall for a Shakespeare experience