At Weeton St Michael’s we take our responsibilities of safeguarding very seriously and as such regularly review and update our policies and procedures in line with authority and national advice and legislation. In this section of our website you will find the relevant policy documents.
Our Safeguarding policy and procedures comply with:
‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education’ (2015)
Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015)
Lancashire Safeguarding Children Board’s Safeguarding Children Procedures
Keeping Children Safe in Education (2019)
- Our Designated Senior Leader for Safeguarding is Mrs Sarah Hudd
- Our Deputy Senior Leader for Safeguarding is Mrs Nicola Rillie
- Our nominated Governor for Child Protection is Mr John Matthews
Our school fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support pupils in school. We also acknowledge that schools which offer best protection to children:
- have a positive school culture
- ensure that children in school know to whom they can turn for support and help
- have a safeguarding policy and clear procedures for action within school
- have staff who know how to recognise signs and symptoms and know what to do when they have concerns.
This policy and procedure links to other policies and procedures which relate to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils in a holistic sense.